Wednesday 9 February 2011

Bernard Arnault Prefers John Galliano to Marc Jacobs... And the latter musn't be really happy about that!

Designers are friends no matter what ... ??!!


"I could have asked many other talented designers to do Dior, but it would not have been the same," Arnault told Tatler Asia. "Take Marc Jacobs, he has been a fantastic success at Vuitton and he has a proximity to the Vuitton spirit, but I don't think it would have been a success with Jacobs at Dior and the other way around, if I had asked John [Galliano] to do Vuitton, it would not have worked. An essential ingredient in the success of the brand today is the real proximity of Galliano to the talent of Christian Dior."
Before each collection is shown, Arnault and Galliano meet at the LVMH offices in Paris to discuss the designs. "We meet in this room," says Arnault. "I say, 'John, I think we should do something else.' What you have done is too extravagant. For Dior it's all about the details and John listens." [Tatler Asia]

1 comment:

  1. Marc is perfect to LV, and Galliano to Dior! I agree with Mr Arnault.

    http://hiimab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete