Friday 8 April 2011

Last Night was a fun night with my Dear Friend Y.: Lovely Dinner at California Vintage followed by Valentino Fashion show F-W 2011/2012

Outfit for tonight : Isabel Marant printed one sleeve dress and Louis Vuitton Crocodile ankle boots.

I must say I was a bit skeptical before trying California Vintage... I love cozy , not too trendy place and this restaurant is always packed! But We were on our way to grab a bite before the fashion show so we decided to give it a try. After waiting a good half hour we finally got sited a the little bar in the back of the restaurant, in my opinion the best spot as you get to see the cooks prepare the dishes and you don't get the annoying noise from Wyndham street traffic jam ! We started by pouring ourselves 2 glasses of wine, I love the concept of the self-pouring machine : you get to choose your wine , the quantity ... pretty fun



California Flatbread with Nicoise Salad: olive-oil poached tuna over lightly dressed greens topped with tomatoes, green beans, eggs, potato and olives served atop CV's signature house-made flatbread (80HKD)

This Dish is to die for ! I will come back only for this one !
Grilled cheese with sliced green apple: Prepared with Cowgirl Creamery's signature Marin Camembert cheese on sourdough bread, served with a side soup du jour (62HKD)

Gilroy Garlic Fries: served with home-made ketchup and truffle oil: Delicious but be ready to stop by 7 Eleven to buy a pack of mints after eating those ! (53 HKD)

preparing the home-made flatbread



Mini burgers (88HKD)
Loving the menu on Ipads!
California Vintage : 77 Wyndham street, Central Hong Kong
info : 25259808
www.cvwinebar.com

Then we finally arrived are Valentino Fashion show ... A bit desapointed by the first looks... too minimalist for my taste but it got much better in the end with a few amazing gowns (the famous Valentino gowns that we were waiting for ! )
Sorry for the poor quality picture but the sitting was a bit weird on the show and we couldn't better any better pics !






















Just because I loved this fur coat so much I HAD TO put a better quality picture for you girls !


Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli
Pretty Charlotte!

3 comments:

  1. I love the green floaty dress shirt. Ethereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing !! *-* the lace dress is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Rita ! this gress looks amazing !
    Ci I love the lace dress also , very feminine!
    My absolute Fav has to be the fur coat though ! We are talking Fall-Winter Collection !
    XX
    CocoCeline

    ReplyDelete