Wednesday 6 October 2010

Nature - The healer...










We were not prepared for Sir Lee Alexander McQueen to leave us so soon... to abandon us to our simple daily routine ... I must say my first reaction,right after tears, was selfishness... How could he abandon us and steal away the brightness of his genius, the certainty of his art and the unexpected recurrent genius of his major means of expression... the beauty of details, the attention to pain and sorrow, the delicacy of his work....
I truly thought I would sadly never face beauty , or should I say , this particular kind of art, ever again...
I got moved today...
Sarah did it !
By the time the show drew to an end, with the Jackson 5’s “I'll Be There” playing on the sound track, many in the audience were welling up. Partly because the music seemed like a poignant message to Burton’s departed boss. But also it came from seeing a young designer face up to such a daunting challenge and then acquit herself with such a sensitive evocation of nature, beauty, and renewal.
She brought Lee's art back to life ... and gave up the glee to doubt for the time of a fashion show that He was still alive...
Thanks for that and thanks for this amazing work!

No comments:

Post a Comment