Tuesday 14 June 2011

Tasty Congee and Noddle Wantun Shop - Happy Valley

A few days ago a foodie friend of mine suggested me to try this place when I asked him about a good place to get Chinese food in Happy Valley! This was a pretty random question coming from me as I usually do not go in this area , but it was one of these night when my dear boyfriend and I decided to take an evening walk on Boham road from Central to Happy Valley ... Some fresh air , some exercise and some time together before a nice dinner and I was craving for Chinese food. Alright, I know I always do ! But how could it be any other way when we are spoilt with some many nice place to explore in Hong Kong !
Deal : Tonight we try Tasty Congee & Noodle Wantun Shop in Happy Valley .

My first question was : " Why on earth do they spell it wunton instead of wonton ... ? "
Still have no answer to this tricky question !
Anyways ! We first arrived at the restaurant completely firsty and starved to death ! We needed food , drinks and a cozy place . First impression : This must but SUPER $$$$$ Pricey !
It smelled and looked so good ... We just went in !
Good surprise way more affordable than what we first thought so we started ordering pretty much all vegetarian dishes and seafood on the menu !


Those Stir fried vegetable with garlic (53HKD) were super tasty, A MUST TRY ! the garlic was strong enough but not overtaking the flavors ! <3


Stir-fried noodles with shrimp and scramble eggs (93HKD)
Really good , even though as an expat I always like my eggs to be a tiny bit more cooked but I guess I am starting to embrace my Chinese life as I now like them a lot !

Rice Noodle Rolls filled with fresh shrimps (40HKD), Better than in many very expensive restaurants in HK

Shrimp and baby shoots dumplings (26HKD)

Shrimp dumplings (30HKD) Interior predominantly shrimp with no large bits of garlic or ginger. Nicely seasoned. Exterior was not too thick or chewy and was easy to eat. One of the better prawn dumplings I have had.

Deep fried Wontons in sweet and sour sauce (S:53HKD / L: 72HKD): My absolute favorite tonight !

Spring rolls in vegetarian style (24HKD)
these were a pleasant surprise. Not too oily, the interior was made with bean sprouts and a very small amount of mushroom. Despite the simplicity they had a very nice taste and a pleasant change from the chinese spring rolls served at other restaurants

Hot dessert : Sweet pear with Chinese almonds (28HKD)

Address:

Tasty Congee & Noodle Wantun Shop
跑馬地景光街21號地下

21 King Kwong Street , Happy Valley , Hong Kong
2838 3922

1 comment:

  1. I'm hungry, especially for asian food!



    xo
    
Théa Unknown

    http://theaisunknown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete