Friday 3 June 2011

Quick Lunch at PressRoom in Shaung Wan with my Lovely Charlotte

The Press Room is a modern answer to European fin de siecle brasseries.
Their philosophy is to serve simple food made from the finest ingredients, served in a
friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Well, I won't talk about the service in this post as it was pretty bad ! The restaurant Manager was actually lovely and very helpful , but I still think they should change some of the staff!
When I asked which kind of bread was used for the Lobster sandwich and which ingredients were inside , the smart young lady from the staff looked at me like the freak of the week and answered: " Well , in lobster sandwich you have lobster ..." thanks for the info young lady !
then she added : " for the bread , they use bread ..." ! Guess she meant mac Donalds hamburger bread is the same as baguette bread or toast or bagel... Well ! I decided to have a nice lunch , she won't stop me !

It was a week day and C and I wanted to have lunch in a cozy place where we could sit and talk a little bit about gossip ... We are girls after all! I leave 5 meters from Press Room but never gave it a try ! Time for me to take some action and go there for lunch.
Charlotte and I shared a goat cheese salad for starter , which was pretty good I must say . I particularly love the figues on the top ! YUM!




Green beans salad with goats cheese, shallots and hazelnuts (86HKD)

I went for a Lobster and Avocado Sandwich (115HKD).
The sandwich came with lovely french fries , but I thought the sandwich was quite plain ... except the avocado , it was no taste really except the mouth-filling thick bread... I won't recommand...

Croque Monsieur(76HKD) = Not too bad

I think I will come back , as I loved the venue , But most likely for dinner and to try some more high end dishes ...
I will wait and see until my second visit to give you my opinion on the place .

Adress:
The Press Room
is located at G/F 108
Hollywood Road,
near Man Mo Temple

108 Hollywood Road , Central, Hong Kong
+852 2525 3444

No comments:

Post a Comment