Spring has arrived... Time has come to go for colors, prints and flowers... Sure thing: Mixing prints id pretty tough but here are some guidelines from the NY Times:
1. Vary the scale. Mix a small neat print with a splashier one. Or an eye-popper with one that’s more neutral.
2. Stay within the same color family.
3. Mix up the fabrics, the weights — a rough-textured fabric with a more refined one. Somehow a nubby, slubby fabric pairs up more naturally with a flat weave than do two smooth-textured fabrics.
4. Toss in some polka dots, stripes or even leopard prints, which are easier to mix with other patterns because they’re simple and graphic. And they’re familiar to the eye.
5. Consider the accessories. Though it’s fun to tote a print bag with a print frock, you can tone down the brights with a great tan leather bag or pair of sandals. Straw works, too.
We think the first skirt is to die for !