I love throwing my hair up into a milkmaid braid. It's one of those bad hair day tricks that looks difficult but takes minutes to achieve.
Here's my recipe:
1. Divide your hair into 2 sections, part down the middle.
2. Braid both into 2 loose braids. I like to braid mine under for a Dutch style braid, but it makes no difference.
3. Pull one braid over to the other ear and secure with a bobby pin.
4. Pull the second braid over the first one pulling the ends towards the back of head. Secure with a bobby pin.
5. Tuck in your ends under each braid and secure.
6. Add more pins if it feels loose and hairspray.
That's all there's to it!