Monday 23 May 2011

LomoAmigo : Herman Dune and his LC-A !

If you have been following CocoCeline for a while now , you should know my adoration and addiction to Herman Dune ... !
Find below some pictures taken from the last interview on Lomography.com and the begining of the article !

"Strange Moosic", the latest album of Herman Dune is released today. Yaya Herman Dune was kind enough to take some time to tell us his story with Lomography and the LC-A which is running for some years now. He took some pictures related to this new album, and also shows us some other pics related to his personnal life and the life of his band.


First and last name : Yaya Herman Dune

City : Paris
Country : Israƫl

Tell us a bit about yourself
Well, my name is Yaya Herman Dune, I sing in Herman Dune, a Rock & Roll Band from Paris.

How long have you been a lomographer or are you new to this whole thing?
I met Peter Boesch, when I became his Room-Mate, moving back to Paris from New York, in 2004. He was developping a French Taste for Lomography at the time, being the ambassador in France, and he introduced me to these wonderful cameras, first the Holga, and then the LCA.

The strangest, funniest, or hands-down greatest photographic/Lomographic encounter that you have ever had.
I have learnt to take pictures of two wonderful beings. my beautiful girlfriend and my little dog. I remember capturing them both together, and when I saw the film processed, I saw an image of my love for them.

If your photos shown here could have a soundtrack of three songs, what would they be (song title & artist please).
Herman Dune « Ah Hears Strange Moosic »
Herman Dune « Be A Doll And Take My Heart »
Herman Dune « Tell Me Something I Don’t Know »

If you could take your LC-A+ and a sack of film anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
I’d go to Malibu, California. I take great pictures there, and I’d love to have good pictures of the great waves that make me happy, maybe take it underwater when I bodysurf.


The one person (living or deceased) who you would most like to photograph.
I would have love to take pictures of Groucho Marx. The Alchemy between his character and the way he looked would be the most interesting thing for me to take a picture of.

Tell us a bit about this series of pictures
Well, here you’ve got rolls, straight from my life, with Herman Dune, and out of my band. I find the LC-A has become my companion ; and through this llittle camera I communicate with my eyes and my memories. We have found some sort of dialogue. My camera understands my eyes now, and my memories understand what the LCA says now…


What are your current projects ?
My new album with Herman Dune, “Strange Moosic” will be out this week. It comes with 12 songs, and a whole book of drawings, and also LCA photography, shot during the recording sessions for the album.

Your advice to all lomographers ?
That’d be : Don’t go for the effect, try to just press the trigger when there’s something you see, that calls you, a thing of beauty, the LCA will give it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment